Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Joe Yates <jo...@tin.it> on 2002/05/23 00:48:08 UTC

Cannot build mod_perl 2 on Win32: Linking problems

I have
	Apache/2.0.36
	mod_perl/1.99_02-dev
	Perl/v5.7.3
and am using nmake.

Apache2 is installed (and working) in
	C:\Apache2\bin
I built both perl and Apache from sources.

My makefile.pl command line is:
	perl makefile.pl MP_AP_PREFIX=C:\Apache2

I'm getting numerous linking problems, e.g.:
	mod_perl.lo : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__exit

The unresolved links are to Microsoft libs, Kernel32.lib, etc. My LIB
environment variable looks OK, though.

What should I do?

I could add all the libs, but I'm sure there is a simpler problem. Cannot
find anything in the existing archives of the mailing lists.

Thanks for any help.

Joe Yates

Re: Cannot build mod_perl 2 on Win32: Linking problems

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Thu, 23 May 2002, Joe Yates wrote:

> 	Perl/v5.7.3

what does your perl -V say ?
never tried the released version of 5.7.3 on win32, but i've been
rsync-ing perl-current which compiles/links and passes all test.

rsync.exe -auvz --delete rsync://ftp.linux.activestate.com/perl-current/ perl-current

Re: Cannot build mod_perl 2 on Win32: Linking problems

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Thu, 23 May 2002, Joe Yates wrote:

> I have
> 	Apache/2.0.36
> 	mod_perl/1.99_02-dev
> 	Perl/v5.7.3
> and am using nmake.
>
> Apache2 is installed (and working) in
> 	C:\Apache2\bin
> I built both perl and Apache from sources.
>
> My makefile.pl command line is:
> 	perl makefile.pl MP_AP_PREFIX=C:\Apache2
>
> I'm getting numerous linking problems, e.g.:
> 	mod_perl.lo : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__exit
>
> The unresolved links are to Microsoft libs, Kernel32.lib, etc. My LIB
> environment variable looks OK, though.

Are you still having this problem? Can you build other xs-based
CPAN modules OK? If so, you might try the modperl-2 cvs version -
see http://perl.apache.org/ for details on how to get this.

best regards,
randy kobes