Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Nagarajan Chandramohan <cb...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/01 14:55:04 UTC

Inventory Item ID format change

Hi OFBiz users,

Greetings!

I am new to ofbiz. I ran few production run and added final products to
inventory with serialized Inventory Item type.
I got (auto generated) Inventory Item ID from "10000 to 1000x". is there
any way I can start from 11850 " something like 11850 to 1185x"

Many thanks and Best wishes,
Nagarajan Chandramohan
--
Nagarajan Chandramohan
Softwareentwickler

Re: Inventory Item ID format change

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwax.co>.
Hi Nagarajan,

InventoryItemId is system generated value, if you want to use it as serial
number, it's not the right fit for that. For serialNumner, you can use
inventoryItem.serialNumnber field.
And if you want to generate it as per your pattern you can write your
custom service to generate the inventoryItemId based on your need.
You can refer orderSequence_enforced service for reference, and update the
code to generate the inventoryItemId.

Kind Regards,
Deepak Dixit
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT ENGINEERING
mobile: +91 9826754548
email: deepak.dixit@hotwax.co
*www.hotwax.co <http://www.hotwax.co/>*

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Nagarajan Chandramohan,

Welcome to OFBiz ecosystem.

You can set it in SequenceValueItem entity. See
https://demo-stable.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/FindGeneric?entityName=SequenceValueItem

HTH

Thanks and regards,
Aditya Sharma