Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Tony Morris <to...@jtiger.org> on 2005/08/11 10:51:23 UTC

FO to RTF with Revision 231325

I am attempting to generate a RTF document from a simple FO document.
I am generating the FO from a XHTML source using the Antenna House XSL.

The FO document is at http://pastebin.com/334402

The error produced from the Ant task is:
[fop] 11/08/2005 18:46:24 org.apache.fop.fo.properties.EnumLength getValue
[fop] SEVERE: getValue() called on AUTO length

Any tips are most appreciated.

Tony Morris
Software Engineer, IBM Australia.
BInfTech, SCJP 1.4, SCJP 5.0, SCJD

http://www.tmorris.net/
http://www.jtiger.org/ JTiger Unit Test Framework for Java
http://qa.jtiger.org/ Java Q&A (FAQ, Trivia)

Re: FO to RTF with Revision 231325

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Ok, I only looked at it through OpenOffice 1.1.4 where it looks more or
less ok. Word indeed has a problem with it. If you set the page-width
and page-height to absolute values, the whole thing gets better.

Still, I just realized that the region-before content is not being
rendered in the page header as it should be. I will have to see why that
is so. But besides that, the userdoc.fo file from your jtiger.org site
doesn't look ultimatively bad once the page size is fixed.

On 11.08.2005 11:35:42 Tony Morris wrote:
> > The RTF is generated all the same and looks pretty much ok here.
>
> That's strange - I get a very broken document.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: FO to RTF with Revision 231325

Posted by Tony Morris <to...@jtiger.org>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
On 11.08.2005 10:51:23 Tony Morris wrote:
> I am attempting to generate a RTF document from a simple FO document.
> I am generating the FO from a XHTML source using the Antenna House XSL.
>
> The FO document is at http://pastebin.com/334402
>
> The error produced from the Ant task is:
> [fop] 11/08/2005 18:46:24 org.apache.fop.fo.properties.EnumLength getValue
> [fop] SEVERE: getValue() called on AUTO length

It's not good that you don't get line information where the problem
happens. Looks like we have a few things to improve in this area.

Anyway, the problem is the "auto" value on page-width and page-height in
the simple-page-master. FOP doesn't seem to support that, yet. The RTF
is generated all the same and looks pretty much ok here.

Doing this helps:
    <fo:simple-page-master page-height="29.7cm" page-width="21cm" master-name="all-pages">

Jeremias Maerki