Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Wenli Ji <we...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/06/21 07:19:17 UTC

How to start Bloodhound with Eclipse

Hello,

I am able to deploy Bloodhound 0.7 to Apache. However, we need to change the code a bit to build a quality system to meet the special requirement.

I didn't find any doc of how to setup the debug environment. I tried to follow Trac's doc but didn't make it. I believe there should be something different.

Could anyone help?

Thank you very much.

Wenli
Regards

Re: How to start Bloodhound with Eclipse

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi !

On 6/21/14, Wenli Ji <we...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
[...]
> No, the breakpoints in theme.py didn't get hit. I added breakpoints for most
> of the functions. However, the breakpoints in SocketServer.py of Python27
> did.
>
> I believe I must missed something here.
>
> I am using PyCharm and start it with Run >> Debug 'Bloodhound'. Bloodhound
> is the project name.

I use PyDev in Eclipse so it's more straightforward because with
PyCharm it's still necessary to fall back to PyDev remote debugging
anyways . These links might help you with remote debugging in PyCharm
using PyDev remote debugger .

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6989965/how-do-i-start-up-remote-debugging-with-pycharm
http://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/webhelp/remote-debugging.html
http://pydev.org/manual_adv_remote_debugger.html

HTH

Olemis - @olemislc

Apache(tm) Bloodhound contributor
http://issues.apache.org/bloodhound
http://blood-hound.net

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:

Re: How to start Bloodhound with Eclipse

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi !

Posted by Wenli Ji <we...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Dammina,

Everything works now. Thanks a lot for your help.

I will look into the doc and try to debug bh..

Regards,
Wenli

On Sunday, June 22, 2014 11:55 AM, Dammina Sahabandu <dm...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I just noticed your message(please forward it to the list
dev@bloodhound.apache.org :) ). Its great to hear that you have configured
it properly. However the best method to understand bh is to debug the code
and dig into it. And as bh is built on top of trac may be following the
trac documentation will also help you[2]. And if you want to know any
specific thing about the code or if you get into any trouble while
implementing your requirements please let us know. Our Bloodhound community
is more than happy to help you.

[2] http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracGuide

Thanks.

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 4:52 AM, Dammina Sahabandu <dm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I just noticed that you message. Its great to hear that you have
> configured it properly. However the best method to understand bh is to
> debug the code and dig into it. And as bh is built on top of trac may be
> following the trac documentation will also help you[2]. And if you want to
> know any specific thing about the code or if you get into any trouble while
> implementing your requirements please let us know. Our Bloodhound community
> is more than happy to help you.
>
> [2] http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracGuide
>
> Thanks.
> Dammina.
>

> On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 4:46 AM, Dammina Sahabandu <dm...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Good morning.
>> I noticed that you have created the virtual environment using a different
>> method. This may not solve the issue though. But it would be better to
>> follow the following instructions to create the virtual environment.
>> Follow the following steps;(hope you are using sqlite as your db)
>>
>> 1) cd installer
>> 2) python bloodhound_setup.py --project=sqlite --database-type=sqlite
>> --admin-user=admin --admin-password=adminpasswd
>> 3) cd ..
>> 4) Now you will see the virtual environment created within the checkout
>> directory (bh)
>> 5) Open PyCharm, go to settings/project interpreter/python interpreter
>> and point the created local interpreter to python executable in bh
>> 6) Go to run configuration and change python interpreter accordingly (if
>> its not changed automatically)
>> 7) Add Working Directory (path to checkedout directory)\trac\trac\web
>>
>> Try this and let me know :)
>>
>> HTH
>> Dammina.
>>

>> On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 1:36 AM, Wenli Ji <we...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dammina,
>>>
>>> Following shows the breaks I created for both standalone.py and theme.py
>>> when I use the command 'b'. I think the breakpoints were created
>>> successfully. The breakpoints in standalone was hit when starting the
>>> program. However the breakpoints of theme.py still didn't get hit. I can
>>> log in bloodhound and create tickets without triggering any breakpoints..
>>>
>>> Num Type         Disp Enb   Where
>>> 1   breakpoint   keep yes   at
>>> d:\projects\source07\trac\trac\web\standalone.py:150
>>>         breakpoint already hit 1 time
>>> 2   breakpoint   keep yes   at
>>> d:\projects\source07\bloodhound_theme\bhtheme\theme.py:549
>>> 3   breakpoint   keep yes   at
>>> d:\projects\source07\bloodhound_theme\bhtheme\theme.py:255
>>> 4   breakpoint   keep yes   at
>>> d:\projects\source07\bloodhound_theme\bhtheme\theme.py:194
>>> 5   breakpoint   keep yes   at
>>> d:\projects\source07\bloodhound_theme\bhtheme\theme.py:334
>>> 6   breakpoint   keep yes   at
>>> d:\projects\source07\bloodhound_theme\bhtheme\theme.py:537
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Wenli
>>>

>>>   On , Wenli Ji <we...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>

>>>  Hi Dammina,
>>>
>>> Good morning...
>>>
>>> I tried pdb, the breakpoints in standalone.py could get hit but not for
>>> theme.py.
>>>
>>> Here is the command: D:\projects\Source07\trac\trac\web>python -m pdb
>>> standalone.py "D:\CAPA\apache-b
>>> loodhound-0.7\installer\bloodhound\environments\main" --port=8000 Single
>>> Instance Only: Yes
>>>
>>> Anything else I can try?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Wenli
>>>

>>>   On Saturday, June 21, 2014 10:59 PM, Wenli Ji <we...@yahoo.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi Dammina,
>>>
>>> 1) Yes, I can run Bloodhound successfully and access it by starting it
>>> from command line, followed the installation guide online.
>>> 2) Didn't try. Will try it later and let you know.
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>>

>>>   On Saturday, June 21, 2014 9:58 PM, Dammina Sahabandu <
>>> dmsahabandu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi,
>>> Okay then we'll start from the beginning.
>>> 1) Did you run bloodhound successfully in your local environment through
>>> starting it from the command prompt? (Not through IDE)
>>> 2) Did you try debug it using the python debugger (pdb)[1]?
>>>
>>> If you haven't please try to debug using pdb and make sure to put break
>>> point to the theme.py. If it works then the problem is with the IDE
>>> configuration.
>>>
>>>  [1] https://docs.python.org/2/library/pdb.html
>>>
>>> HTH
>>> Thanks.

Posted by Dammina Sahabandu <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

wrote:

> [...]
>>>

>>>   On Saturday, June 21, 2014 10:59 PM, Wenli Ji <we...@yahoo.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi Dammina,
>>>
>>> 1) Yes, I can run Bloodhound successfully and access it by starting it
>>> from command line, followed the installation guide online.
>>> 2) Didn't try. Will try it later and let you know.
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>>

>>>   On Saturday, June 21, 2014 9:58 PM, Dammina Sahabandu <
>>> dmsahabandu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi,
>>> Okay then we'll start from the beginning.
>>> 1) Did you run bloodhound successfully in your local environment through
>>> starting it from the command prompt? (Not through IDE)
>>> 2) Did you try debug it using the python debugger (pdb)[1]?
>>>
>>> If you haven't please try to debug using pdb and make sure to put break
>>> point to the theme.py. If it works then the problem is with the IDE

>>> Thanks.

Posted by Wenli Ji <we...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Dammina,

Posted by Dammina Sahabandu <dm...@gmail.com>.