Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/26 08:28:07 UTC

A dependency in the geronimo-tomcat6 pom.xml

Hi, I found a dependency in the pom.xml file of the geronimo-tomcat6

<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.plugins</groupId>
            <artifactId>clustering</artifactId>
            <version>${version}</version>
            <type>pom</type>
            <scope>import</scope>
        </dependency>

Due to this dependency (Not quite sure :-)), in the binary build, we have a
pom file in the repository/org/apache/geronimo/plugins/clustering folder,
and sometimes, I got a Zip related exception.
I wonder that shall we change the type to car ? Or ...
Thanks !

--
Ivan

Re: A dependency in the geronimo-tomcat6 pom.xml

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
I have had a close look at it recently, and  seems no code to do the
replacement, so those artifacts are not in the dependencies list, and I did
not think that they could be ignored, IMO, if we ignored them, those
dependencies will not be seen by the classloader of the car package, except
they could be load from its parents.

Also, following the guide from David, I checked the AbstractCarMojo, the
resolve logic is, first it uses the default collector and dependency tree
listener to build a node tree, then it uses the Scanner class to build the
dependency list. I could see two places to do the changes, one is in the
listener, another one is in the Scanner class, but I did not find related
api to get the dependeny list in the dependencyManagement fragment.

Maybe I miss something, Any comment ?

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.