Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2007/03/22 17:10:27 UTC

[general] Catching up

Just pinging the list to let you know I'm still alive, and a few hundred
unread e-mails behind now!  Apologies in advance for out of date
comments that you will see as I catch up with my reading.

In my absence I have been talking to quite a few people about Harmony
(plus I had a full week away from the keyboard which did my RSI the
world of good<g>) and been receiving messages of support and interest on
your behalf.  So pat yourself on the back.

I also gave a short talk and presented a poster at EclipseCon.  Last
year I showed SWT apps running on Harmony, but this year I could show
Swing apps too.

The funny part was that I tried the SwingSet2 demo on my (winXP, IA32)
laptop and there were a number of icons that would not display on the
'toolbar'.  I was all ready to explain this during the presentation, but
when I switched to display mode they all appeared beautifully!  I can
only imagine that it was fixed by switching from 1600x1200 to 1024x768
resolution.  Usually the demos work until you go to present them, but in
this instance it was the other way around!

Regards,
Tim

Re: [general] Catching up

Posted by Alexei Zakharov <al...@gmail.com>.