Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com> on 2008/03/05 02:19:03 UTC

Re: Executing CGI programs from within mod_perl

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 9:47 PM, Colin Wetherbee <cw...@denterprises.org> wrote:
>  I've tried both with the $r that gets passed into handler and the $r
>  from Apache2::RequestUtil->request.

Both of those should have worked.  What happened?

>  Is there any way around this short of setting +GlobalRequest?

Calling Apache2::RequestUtil->request() requires this to be on, but
the $r that gets passed to the handler does not.

>  I believe
>  I've read before that there's a performance hit if +GlobalRequest is set.

Only if you're running a threaded MPM.  Unless you're on Windows, you
should not be running threads.

- Perrin