Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/27 21:48:00 UTC

Proposed build upgrade

Geronimo has recently had some build problems related to camel and
whether the camel snapshots are timestamped or not.  Although we fixed
these by deleting some obsolete timestamped camel snapshots, deploying
non-unique snapshots to apache nexus is not recommended.

In order to fix this I suggest upgrading to the apache 6 pom and
adopting its conventions where appropriate.  I also recommend using
some automated checking such as the ianal plugin.

I've opened https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-1766 with
the changes I'm proposing.  I think I'm a committer :-) so if this
meets with approval I'll see if I can commit it.

Note that the ianal plugin already found one blocking legal problem in
camel-examples-spring, see https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-1765
..

thanks
david jencks

Re: Proposed build upgrade

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi David

Thanks a lot for providing these details its much appreciated.
Would be awesome if the Apache snapshot repo would be reliable and
provide the latest .jars for SNAPSHOT instead of the constant pain
will ill maven metadata. So if your patch resolves this, then that is
really great.

I would like Hadrian to look into this matter as well as he is our build master.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/