Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Wade Smart <wa...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/15 23:45:40 UTC

[openoffice] Flipping a table

In my calc sheet I have a need to flip the
entire sheet. So Column 1A would be 450A?
Ive found several macros but Ive not been
able to get them to work. Does anyone know
if this can be done?

Wade
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

Re: [openoffice] Flipping a table

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
Having a bit of trouble understanding the question....

I think that what you want to do is to reverse the order (based on
rows), so that the first row becomes the last row and the last row
becomes the first row.

Although this can be done using a macro, I would probably do something
like.....

1. Find the last used column in your sheet. For now, lets pretend it is
column K
2. In column K, enter the values 1, 2, 3, .... so K1 contains 1, K2
contains 2, etc.....
    --- Enter 1 in K1, 2 in K2, 3 in K3. Starting in cell K1, drag to
cell K3 to select cells K1 through K3.
    --- In the lower right corner of your selection, you will see a
small black box, Hover your mouse cursor over that and it turns into
large "cross"
    --- Click and drag the mouse down. If you pull it to the bottom, it
will continue scrolling.
    --- Release your mouse and it will have entered the numbers in a
continuous way.
3. Select from cell A1 to that last cell in column K
4. Sort your data descending based on column K

On 01/15/2014 05:45 PM, Wade Smart wrote:
> In my calc sheet I have a need to flip the
> entire sheet. So Column 1A would be 450A?
> Ive found several macros but Ive not been
> able to get them to work. Does anyone know
> if this can be done?
>
> Wade
> --
> Registered Linux User: #480675
> Registered Linux Machine: #408606
> Linux since June 2005

Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

Re: [openoffice] Flipping a table

Posted by Wade Smart <wa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Jim Plante <ji...@me.com> wrote:
> Add a column in front of Column A. Enter in the cell "=ROW()"; If the sheet contains a header row in Row 1, then make that formula "=ROW()-1". Copy that formula all the way down.
>
> Now, select the entire table and sort descending on Column 1. You can retain or delete the extra column when you've finished.
>
> Jim
>
> On Jan 15, 2014, at 4:45 PM, Wade Smart wrote:
>
>> In my calc sheet I have a need to flip the
>> entire sheet. So Column 1A would be 450A?
>> Ive found several macros but Ive not been
>> able to get them to work. Does anyone know
>> if this can be done?
>>
>> Wade
>> --
>> Registered Linux User: #480675
>> Registered Linux Machine: #408606
>> Linux since June 2005

I figured out the same thing just as you were posting.
I went to A450 and put 1 and just drug backwards creating
negative numbers and then hit Z-A function and it flipped all the
columns involved.
I had A - AB so it was a lot of data to flip. Im glad it turned out to
be very easy.

Thanks Jim.

Posted by Jim Plante <ji...@me.com>.

Posted by Luis Iglesias <lu...@vigo.org>.