Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by darniz <rn...@edmunds.com> on 2009/11/09 03:37:52 UTC

using different field for search and boosting

hello
i wanted to know if its possible to search on one field and provide boosting
relevancy on other fields.

For example if i have fields like make, model, description etc and all are
copied to text field.
So can i define a handler where i do a search on text field but can define
relevancy models on make,model and description ie make^4 model^2

Any advice.

RE: using different field for search and boosting

Posted by Birger Lie <Bi...@expert.no>.
Se the Dismax Search Handler

this handler support search on multiple fields and a relevancy biasing :)

-Birger

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.