Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Jon Marshall <jm...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2018/06/01 12:36:43 UTC

Re: 4.11 without Host-HA framework

Hi Rohit

In an attempt to make things simpler I am now running the management and storage (NFS) across the same NIC with a separate NIC for the guest VMs. So basic networking, one subnet for management/storage and a different one for guest VMs which means two bridges.

I am also just testing VM HA (not Host HA at present)

1 manager and 3 compute nodes. I crash a compute node or pull the power on the node and monitor the management server log.

It reports the ping timeouts and once then after the ping interval * ping timoeut time it marks the host as state Alert in the UI. So far so good.

But it never tries to migrate the VM running on the crashed node.  Not a single message about attempting to restart, nothing.

The VM has been setup with a compute offering with HA enabled.

Any thoughts as to why it is not trying to restart the VM on another of the nodes (there is capacity as one of the nodes has no VMs on it)

.

The only other thing I can try is to use just one NIC for everything and see if I get anywhere with that.

Jon