Posted to commits@jackrabbit.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2018/11/05 11:39:07 UTC

[Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "Oakathon November 2018" by StefanEgli

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jackrabbit Wiki" for change notification.

The "Oakathon November 2018" page has been changed by StefanEgli:
https://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Oakathon%20November%202018?action=diff&rev1=28&rev2=29

  || Title        || Summary                 || Effort                      || Participants                           || Proposed by ||
  || Independently-Releasable Oak Module || In the last Oakathon we discussed making it possible to release some Oak modules independently.  We could try to split one out during the Oakathon to see what is required to make this work and determine the feasibility of the effort. Maybe another outcome could be to evaluate which modules it makes sense to release independently and which ones don't make sense. || 2-5d ||  || Matt Ryan ||
  || Enable CI for cloud blob storage || In the last Oakathon we talked about CI for the cloud-dependent bundles (e.g. `oak-blob-cloud`, `oak-blob-cloud-azure`). We could pick one and try to get CI working for it using a storage emulator (e.g. [[https://github.com/adobe/S3Mock|S3Mock]] for `oak-blob-cloud` - [[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-7743|OAK-7743]], [[https://github.com/azure/azurite|Azurite]] for `oak-blob-cloud-azure` - [[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-7742|OAK-7742]]) and document any gaps in the emulator that would need addressing (e.g. direct binary access capabilities). || 2-5d || Matt Ryan and at least one more person || Matt Ryan ||
- || Oak Capabilities || The [[https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-capabilities|Sling Capabilities module]] is a fairly new Sling module that allows a user to query the system capabilities.  I'd like to explore how we could make it possible for this functionality to determine repository capabilities and provide them to users - or if we should even do this in Oak.  One use case for this is for a remote client to determine whether direct binary access is available.  || 2h || Everyone interested || Matt Ryan ||
+ || Oak Capabilities || The [[https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-capabilities|Sling Capabilities module]] is a fairly new Sling module that allows a user to query the system capabilities.  I'd like to explore how we could make it possible for this functionality to determine repository capabilities and provide them to users - or if we should even do this in Oak.  One use case for this is for a remote client to determine whether direct binary access is available.  || 2h || Everyone interested, Stefan Egli || Matt Ryan ||
  || OAK-7511        || 1.8, null annotations, and impact on backports || 1h || || Julian Reschke ||
  || Branching Oak 1.10 || ...and Jackrabbit 2.18 || 1h || Davide Giannella, Julian Reschke || Julian Reschke ||