Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/29 10:53:23 UTC

[ognl] Status items & Graduation

Hi

I just signed off all status items on the incubation status page
(needs a while to sync to the latest version).

Anyway, I think OGNL is already fine to graduate. Most of the
community is already in commons, so I think ognl has a proven
community which will not go away after a while. If ognl will fail, it
will become a dormant component within commons. People here of course
know about the apache way. There is only one person (Marc) new to the
ASF, but he can "learn the apache way" as every other new committer to
commons (if necessary).

We have not made an release, but at commons we have lots of people who
know how to do it. I even think a new release will be easier on
commons site. We have a release plan already and do not need to
struggle with the incubation policies. In addition, ognl would need
the commons parent project to release and this is easier as a commons
subproject too.

That being said, I think we can graduate ognl already.

If we agree that it is time, we need a ognl community vote, a commons
acceptance vote and an incubator goodbye vote.
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#sp-community-vote

If no objections, we could start these votes next week.

Cheers
Christian

Re: [ognl] Status items & Graduation

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Call a single Commons vote, then point to people as either OGNL or
general Commons. That takes care of two of your votes :)

Hen

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
please sorry for the *terrible* typo :D :D
anyway I would have spoke about Christina Applegate, I like more than
Aguilera :D

http://www.99soft.org/

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: [ognl] Status items & Graduation

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <ma...@gmail.com>.
Christian,
I guess Simo was talking about Luke Blanshard.

On 29 July 2011 12:34, Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Agreed, thanks Christina for the follow-up.
>> BTW don't forget we have also Luc onboard ;)
>
> You mean Lukasz? He is not new to the ASF
>
> http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#ognl
> Is this list missing somebody?
>
> Cheers
>
>> Alles gute, have a nice day,
>> Simo

>> http://www.99soft.org/

>>> Very good news ! Go for it.
>>>
>>> Luc

> http://www.grobmeier.de

Maurizio Cucchiara

Re: [ognl] Status items & Graduation

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: [ognl] Status items & Graduation

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Guess the same - would like to see his desktop wallpaper, might
explain something ;-)

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: [ognl] Status items & Graduation

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <ma...@gmail.com>.