Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/01 15:38:31 UTC

AXIS2 JAX-WS tool support and deployment

Support for JAX-WS processing through Axis2 tools ( WSDL2JAVA and
JAVA2WSDL ) is an important improvement and AFAIK this is required for
 some part of JAX-WS TCK too.  I'm primarily focus on following two
areas.

1.) Based on our discussion here [1] I have started to integrate JDK
WSGen/WSImport tools into Axis2 tools. My conclusion is we can use JDK
WSGen/WSImport tools until we find a limitation or blocking issue.
JBoss -WS already use this approach and still I'm not aware with such
issue.  I have created AXIS2-5103 and AXIS2-5104  to track this
improvements.

2.)  We had some discussions [2] [3] but still AXIS2-4611 is an open
issue , the important fact is earlier we had this support but now we
don't IMO we need to fix this for 1.7.0 release. Also it is better to
implement this features based on well defined extensions so that it
won't break it again. Based on above discussions we can think
following approach as the best way to implement these issues.

   a.)  Decouple the services.xml file parsing from the deployers so
that  it can be accessed by any service types based on a API.

   b.)  Refactoring of ServiceDeployer to introduce a new API for
extension. This allows JAX-WS to plug itself into the service deployer
also some other
         projects can use this API for extensions.

         Andreas , It would be great if you can elaborate more on
implementation of above ServiceDeployer extension  API that you
suggested
         sometime  ago.

Above 2nd point requires some effort but really significant for future
of Axis2 project.

WDYT ?

[1] -  http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/Re-JAX-WS-Axis2-CXF-tool-support-td4485335.html
[2] -  http://markmail.org/message/pelvh5qy4ufeh7dz
[3] -  http://markmail.org/thread/qkxn37dbltpu7tl5
[4] -  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4611

Thanks !

--
Sagara Gunathunga

Blog      - http://ssagara.blogspot.com
Web      - http://people.apache.org/~sagara/

Re: AXIS2 JAX-WS tool support and deployment

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Sagara Gunathunga
<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Support for JAX-WS processing through Axis2 tools ( WSDL2JAVA and
> JAVA2WSDL ) is an important improvement and AFAIK this is required for
>  some part of JAX-WS TCK too.  I'm primarily focus on following two
> areas.
>
> 1.) Based on our discussion here [1] I have started to integrate JDK
> WSGen/WSImport tools into Axis2 tools. My conclusion is we can use JDK
> WSGen/WSImport tools until we find a limitation or blocking issue.
> JBoss -WS already use this approach and still I'm not aware with such
> issue.  I have created AXIS2-5103 and AXIS2-5104  to track this
> improvements.

I have completed above modification but this will bring 3 new
dependencies as follows BTW  we only need them to ship with Axis2
binary distribution.

1.) jaxws-rt-2.1.3
2.) stax-ex-1.2
3.) streambuffer-0.7

Also I found this discussion [1] that also focusing same set of
dependencies for Axis2.

[1] - http://markmail.org/thread/ggvdejcswwwb63ch

> 2.)  We had some discussions [2] [3] but still AXIS2-4611 is an open
> issue , the important fact is earlier we had this support but now we
> don't IMO we need to fix this for 1.7.0 release. Also it is better to
> implement this features based on well defined extensions so that it
> won't break it again. Based on above discussions we can think
> following approach as the best way to implement these issues.
>
>   a.)  Decouple the services.xml file parsing from the deployers so
> that  it can be accessed by any service types based on a API.
>
>   b.)  Refactoring of ServiceDeployer to introduce a new API for
> extension. This allows JAX-WS to plug itself into the service deployer
> also some other
>         projects can use this API for extensions.
>
>         Andreas , It would be great if you can elaborate more on
> implementation of above ServiceDeployer extension  API that you
> suggested
>         sometime  ago.

Great if we have some ideas on this matter too ?

Thanks !