Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Vladimir Ivanov <iv...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/18 14:27:44 UTC

Re: [classlib] [testing] Coverage (was Re: 37% of total test execution time is spent in a single test)

The coverage information was updated on the wiki. Also, coverage for
accessibility, awt, instrument and sound modules was added. I have a problem
to calculate coverage for swing module (test run hang up) so issue 564 will
be updated later.

 thanks, Vladimir

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <iv...@gmail.com>.
Coverage for swing module was added.

 thanks, Vladimir

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Re: Coverage (was Re: 37% of total test execution time is spent in a single test)

Posted by Gabriel Miretti <ga...@gmail.com>.
First of all, please excuse my late reply, Vladimir.

Right now I'm working in the tests for the implementation of jx.s.t.h.p.Parser, but here we are using a different code coverage tool, which is Clover, sorry :)
When I found your post at harmony-dev, I realized that none of that tests were computed.
At this moment, I'm not using the coverage system but I think that it is important for Harmony to have a good coverage tool and know how much code was covered by the tests.

Keep the good work.
Gabriel

PD: Clover is offered with free licensing for open source projects. http://www.cenqua.com/clover/licensing.html
and has plugins for Eclipse.

2006/10/19, Vladimir Ivanov <iv...@gmail.com>:
 On 10/17/06, Gabriel Miretti <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Vladimir
>
> Do you know why javax.swing.text.html tests weren't computed by the
 > coverage tool if they are present in the SVN tree?

Seems, you are first person who tries to use it :)

The reason is the coverage system emulates common tests run over the
profiled classes. But common run includes only tests from the dir="${
hy.swing.src.test.api}/java/common". Actually, I don't know why :(

But I'll try to run other tests too in the next 'coverage calculation'
cycle.

 thanks, Vladimir

Note, you can do it too :) Just download the last attachment for jira 564,
update property and run it.

Gabriel Miretti

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gabriel Miretti <ga...@gmail.com>.
Vladimir

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <iv...@gmail.com>.
On 10/6/06, Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> > Agreed on all three. Do we have a japi script?
>
> I have one but it's a little specific to the wrapper we use for the
> builds that report to the -commits list.  But I can provide it if
> it will help.

If this script requires some updates I am volunteer to implement it :)

 thanks, Vladimir

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
Thanks - maybe someone can massage that to fit with what we're building...

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <iv...@gmail.com>.
On 10/3/06, Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Regarding the 'run japi' script what are you planning to do here?  The
> IBM Build/test builds also run japi (on linux only since we get enough
> information using one platform and linux is easier).  We might as well
> share ant code.
>
> Also note that to get anything like reasonable data you need to be
> running the latest japi from CVS.

Please, share the code (as part of B&TI) :) It will be enough I think
 thanks, Vladimir

Regards,

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <iv...@gmail.com>.