Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/24 15:45:20 UTC

Negative non-heap memory maximum

Igniters,

On my jdk 1.8.0_131 there is negative amount of maximum non heap memory
returned by following code:

ManagementFactory.getMemoryMXBean().getNonHeapMemoryUsage().getMax());

returns -1.

And this value is used in ignite metrics in
GridLocalMetrics.getNonHeapMemoryMaximum() which becomes negative.

I have an idea to take this value from memory policy as sum of max sizes of
all memory policies, from MemoryPolicyConfiguration.getMaxSize()

Would it be correct change to avoid negative values in metrics? Do you have
any comments on this? Or is it better way to use commited memory
getCommitted() to calculate free non heap space percent in metrics?

Or is there any other way to obtain Max Non Heap memory size?

Best Regards,

Dmitriy Pavlov

Re: Negative non-heap memory maximum

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Sounds reasonable to me. I've created issue for this change

Posted by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com>.