Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/12 13:15:57 UTC

Re: [vtest] getCompositeContext API for non-SCA clients

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Mike Edwards <
mike.edwards.inglenook@gmail.com> wrote:

> Kevin Williams wrote:
>
> > My interest here is centered around a specification-compliant means
> > for non-SCA clients to get access to SAC services.  The Java
> > API/Annotation specification suggests that non-SCA client use
> > ComponentContext.getService(Class<B> businessInterface, String
> > referenceName).  How a non-SCA client gets the ComponentContext is
> > left up to the implementation.
> >
> > This is a weak area of the spec which is probably why we have the
> > alternative SCADomain.getService().
> >
> > --Kevin
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Yee-Kang Chang <ye...@ca.ibm.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks, Scott, Ant.  I think both could work.  Perhaps we can start
> > > with
> > >  getComponentContext(String componentURI) and go from there?
> > >
> > >  I gather a client will typically connect to a domain first and then
> > > work
> > >  with its components?  If so, adding getComponentContext() to
> > > SCADomain can
> > >  be a good start?
> > >
> > >  --
> > >
> > >  Kevin, Yee-Kang,
> > >
> > >  Did you envision creating a new API that would accept a component URI
> > > as
> > >  input,
> > >  e.g.:
> > >  ComponentContext  getComponentContext(String componentURI);
> > >
> > >  Or were you talking about some sort of virtual component like Ant
> > >  mentioned?
> > >  Scott
> > >

> > >  On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 10:49 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >  > Ok, although with non-SCA clients which component would that be?
> > > Does
> > >  there
> > >  > need to be a new something like implementation.web but for JSE
> > > clients?
> > >  or
> > >  > could there be a "virtual" component that has references for all
> > > the
> > >  > toplevel component services in the domain (which is kind of what we
> > > have
> > >  > now
> > >  > with SCADomain.getService right?).
> > >  >
> > >  >   ...ant
> > >  >
> > >  > On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 9:10 PM, Yee-Kang Chang <
> > > yeekangc@ca.ibm.com>
> > >  > wrote:
> > >  >
> > >  > > Just thought to follow-up to see if we will do this ..
> > >  > >
> > >  > > Perhaps SCADomain can be extended to return the ComponentContext
> > > for a
> > >  > > particular component?
> > >  > >
> > >  > > Thanks.
> > >  > >
> > >  > > On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Kevin Williams
> > >  <kj...@gmail.com>
> > >  > > wrote:
> [...]

Any update on this? The most recent I can see on this is
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200804/msg00005.html at the
beginning of April, has anything happened somewhere else and do you think
its likely to get resolved soon?

   ...ant