Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by dorian <do...@foobarsystems.com> on 2004/02/05 05:51:23 UTC

[mp2] ap_.*?_provider api

is there currently any way (or plan) to register/use providers in
mod_perl 2? a quick grep through the source would suggest not, but
perhaps i'm missing something less obvious?

cheers

.dorian

Re: [mp2] ap_.*?_provider api

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

dorian wrote:
> is there currently any way (or plan) to register/use providers in
> mod_perl 2? a quick grep through the source would suggest not, but
> perhaps i'm missing something less obvious?

see

http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/07/08/mod_perl.html
http://search.cpan.org/~geoff/Apache-AuthenHook-2.00_01/

I'm sure the module needs updating for the current state of Apache 2.1, but
it ought to give you an idea on how to plug into the provider mechanism via
XS using mod_perl as a springboard for your own code.

in truth, I've kind of re-thought the entire hook concept for that module
and was planning on revamping it entirely, using a subclassing mechanism
instead of the transparent (and non-threadsafe) way I did it before.

anyway, I hope it helps - auth providers are very cool.

--Geoff

Re: [mp2] ap_.*?_provider api

Posted by dorian <do...@foobarsystems.com>.
disregard that, i just looked again and i suppose that would be way
too arbitrary to map out properly.

.d