Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Luis Gil <lj...@googlemail.com> on 2016/04/01 17:27:05 UTC

Re: Any one doing it?

Hello all:
I am modifying the docsformat.mdtext and I have added several things, but
before sending it to the @docs list, I would like to solve some questions
that I´ve got about it:

   1. In the actual transformation section, its says about the SVN 2.2.x
   docs, does that svn is the same as the trunk branch?
   2. It says there that you can get Java from SUN... I had added a link to
   the Oracle page
   http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html would
   that be good?
   3. I have tried to build the pages in local, to see the final result,
    but the Perl script keep failing,  any hints

Best regards.
Luis

Linkedin:   https://linkd.in/Ljjt8L <http://linkd.in/Ljjt8L>
Twitter :     https://twitter.com/luigy_tspg

Re: Any one doing it?

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > +1, let's concentrate on 2.4 :)
>
> You know, there is still many 2.2 around, and some people may have
> backported 2.4 fixes to 2.2 and decide to propose them some days.
> If three PMC members (at least) think a 2.2.32 is worth it, it may
> well be out ;)

As an RM of many 2.2 releases, my inclination at this point is to wait for
the point where we have 'something to fix' (vis a vis Security patches) and
hold a vote to announce at the same time that we are starting a 12 month
EOL clock, broadcast widely with a 2.2.32 security release.  That could
happen at any point, but the amount of activity on 2.2 branch since the
last release doesn't seem to merit a parallel release with 2.4.20 this
coming week.  Just my 2c...

> But I agree that we should mainly reference 2.4 in the "generic" docs.

We actually have an http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/ tree that
reflects the now-current release, and needs not be changed when
we finally release a 2.6 or 3.0 flavor.

Re: Any one doing it?

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Re: Any one doing it?

Posted by Luis Gil <lj...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Lucien:
Witch ref. message you talking about :/

On Mon, 18 Apr 2016 at 11:08 Lucien Gentis <lu...@univ-lorraine.fr>
wrote:

> Hello Luis,
>
> Since no one complains, you may submit your patch
>
> PS: I didn't receive your ref. message (7 Apr 2016 at 17:22) ; did you
> send it to docs ?
>

> Le 14/04/2016 15:25, Luis Gil a écrit :
>
> Hello,
> Is it ok to submmit this patch?
>
> On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 at 17:22 Luis Gil <lj...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you Lucien nice changes,
>> I have checked now the URL [IBM
>> developerWorks](
>> http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-emacs/). and its
>> actually not working but i have found this:
>> i hve not much idea with emacs, so any one using it, which should be
>> better on this ?
>> https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CategoryXML
>> I think if we change thar URL and we accept all this revision and
>> changes, it would be good to put it online.
>> Regards.
>> Luis
>>

>> On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 at 16:33 Lucien Gentis <lu...@univ-lorraine.fr>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> So here is attached a change suggestion for your file.
>>>
>>> I only looked at the translation part.
>>>

>>> Lucien
>>>

>>> Le 04/04/2016 11:44, Lucien Gentis a écrit :
>>>
>>> Anyway, I'll take a look at your page, . . . , as well
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Lucien
>>>
>>> Le 04/04/2016 11:38, Luis Gil a écrit :

>>> By the way i have made a small change on the page, give it a review.
>>> Regards
>>> Luis
>>> --
>>>
>>> Luis J.G

>>> --
>>> Lucien GENTIS
>>> UNIVERSITE DE LORRAINE - ESPE
>>> Centre de Ressources Informatiques
>>> 5, Rue Paul Richard
>>> C.O. 3 - MAXEVILLE
>>> 54528 LAXOU-CEDEX
>>>
>>> Tél. 03 72 74 13 28
>>> Email : lucien.gentis@univ-lorraine.fr
>>>

>>> --
>>> Lucien GENTIS
>>> UNIVERSITE DE LORRAINE - ESPE
>>> Centre de Ressources Informatiques
>>> 5, Rue Paul Richard
>>> C.O. 3 - MAXEVILLE
>>> 54528 LAXOU-CEDEX
>>>
>>> Tél. 03 72 74 13 28
>>> Email : lucien.gentis@univ-lorraine.fr

>> --
>>
>> Luis J.G
>>
> --
>
> Luis J.G
>

> --
> Lucien GENTIS
> UNIVERSITE DE LORRAINE - ESPE
> Centre de Ressources Informatiques
> 5, Rue Paul Richard
> C.O. 3 - MAXEVILLE
> 54528 LAXOU-CEDEX
>
> Tél. 03 72 74 13 28
> Email : lucien.gentis@univ-lorraine.fr
>
> --

Luis J.G

Re: Any one doing it?

Posted by Lucien Gentis <lu...@univ-lorraine.fr>.
Hello Luis,

Re: Any one doing it?

Posted by Luis Gil <lj...@googlemail.com>.
Hello,

--

Luis J.G

Re: Any one doing it?

Posted by Lucien Gentis <lu...@univ-lorraine.fr>.

Re: Any one doing it?

Posted by Lucien Gentis <lu...@univ-lorraine.fr>.

Re: Any one doing it?

Posted by Luis Gil <lj...@googlemail.com>.
On Mon, 4 Apr 2016 at 11:33 Luis Gil <lj...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Ok... OH god i press too much the S key =O
>
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2016 at 11:19 Lucien Gentis <lu...@univ-lorraine.fr>
> wrote:
>

>> Le 04/04/2016 10:51, Luis Gil a écrit :
>>
>> Is that a like or dislike ;)
>>
>> El lun., 4 de abril de 2016 9:03, Lucien Gentis <
>> lucien.gentis@univ-lorraine.fr> escribió:
>>

>>> Le 01/04/2016 20:04, Luis Gil a écrit :
>>>

>>> Linkedin:    <http://linkd.in/Ljjt8L>https://linkd.in/Ljjt8L
>>> Twitter :     https://twitter.com/luigy_tspg

>>> Hello:
>>> Check this draft i have made of the docsformat page and tell me how you
>>> see it.
>>>
>>> i attach ass well a diff file so it can be easy to view the changes.
>>> ​
>>>
>>> =-O
>>>
>> Just reread your last sentence :-)

>>> --
>>> Lucien GENTIS
>>> UNIVERSITE DE LORRAINE - ESPE
>>> Centre de Ressources Informatiques
>>> 5, Rue Paul Richard
>>> C.O. 3 - MAXEVILLE

Re: Any one doing it?

Posted by Luis Gil <lj...@googlemail.com>.

wrote:

> Le 04/04/2016 10:51, Luis Gil a écrit :
>
> Is that a like or dislike ;)
>
> El lun., 4 de abril de 2016 9:03, Lucien Gentis <
> lucien.gentis@univ-lorraine.fr> escribió:
>

>> Le 01/04/2016 20:04, Luis Gil a écrit :
>>

>> Linkedin:   https://linkd.in/Ljjt8L <http://linkd.in/Ljjt8L>
>> Twitter :     https://twitter.com/luigy_tspg
>>
>> On 1 April 2016 at 18:49, Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You know, there is still many 2.2 around, and some people may have
>>> backported 2.4 fixes to 2.2 and decide to propose them some days.
>>> If three PMC members (at least) think a 2.2.32 is worth it, it may
>>> well be out ;)
>>>
>>> But I agree that we should mainly reference 2.4 in the "generic" docs.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Yann.

>> Hello:
>> Check this draft i have made of the docsformat page and tell me how you
>> see it.
>>
>> i attach ass well a diff file so it can be easy to view the changes.
>> ​
>>
>> =-O
>>
> Just reread your last sentence :-)

>> --
>> Lucien GENTIS
>> UNIVERSITE DE LORRAINE - ESPE
>> Centre de Ressources Informatiques
>> 5, Rue Paul Richard
>> C.O. 3 - MAXEVILLE
>> 54528 LAXOU-CEDEX
>>
>> Tél. 03 72 74 13 28
>> Email : lucien.gentis@univ-lorraine.fr
>>
>> --
>
> Luis J.G
>

> --
> Lucien GENTIS
> UNIVERSITE DE LORRAINE - ESPE
> Centre de Ressources Informatiques
> 5, Rue Paul Richard
> C.O. 3 - MAXEVILLE
> 54528 LAXOU-CEDEX
>
> Tél. 03 72 74 13 28
> Email : lucien.gentis@univ-lorraine.fr
>
> --

Luis J.G

Re: Any one doing it?

Posted by Lucien Gentis <lu...@univ-lorraine.fr>.

Re: Any one doing it?

Posted by Luis Gil <lj...@googlemail.com>.
Is that a like or dislike ;)

El lun., 4 de abril de 2016 9:03, Lucien Gentis <
lucien.gentis@univ-lorraine.fr> escribió:

> Le 01/04/2016 20:04, Luis Gil a écrit :
>

> Linkedin:   https://linkd.in/Ljjt8L <http://linkd.in/Ljjt8L>
> Twitter :     https://twitter.com/luigy_tspg
>
> On 1 April 2016 at 18:49, Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > +1, let's concentrate on 2.4 :)
>>
>> You know, there is still many 2.2 around, and some people may have
>> backported 2.4 fixes to 2.2 and decide to propose them some days.
>> If three PMC members (at least) think a 2.2.32 is worth it, it may
>> well be out ;)
>>
>> But I agree that we should mainly reference 2.4 in the "generic" docs.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Yann.

> Hello:
> Check this draft i have made of the docsformat page and tell me how you
> see it.
>
> i attach ass well a diff file so it can be easy to view the changes.
> ​
>
> =-O

> Lucien GENTIS
> UNIVERSITE DE LORRAINE - ESPE
> Centre de Ressources Informatiques
> 5, Rue Paul Richard
> C.O. 3 - MAXEVILLE
> 54528 LAXOU-CEDEX
>
> Tél. 03 72 74 13 28
> Email : lucien.gentis@univ-lorraine.fr
>
> --

Luis J.G

Re: Any one doing it?

Posted by Lucien Gentis <lu...@univ-lorraine.fr>.

Re: Any one doing it?

Posted by Luis Gil <lj...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Any one doing it?

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Any one doing it?

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.

> On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 6:25 PM, Luis Gil <lj...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On 1 April 2016 at 17:50, Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> So I would simply s/2.2/2.4/ to update the "recommended" version, but
> >> the possibility to use another branch is already mentioned.
> >
> > So better put 2.2/2.4? or just the 2.4 since 2.2 its not maintained?
>
> 2.4 alone is enough IMHO, though 2.2 may still be maintained ;)

+1, let's concentrate on 2.4 :)

Luca

Re: Any one doing it?

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Any one doing it?

Posted by Luis Gil <lj...@googlemail.com>.
On 1 April 2016 at 17:50, Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 5:27 PM, Luis Gil <lj...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > In the actual transformation section, its says about the SVN 2.2.x docs,
> > does that svn is the same as the trunk branch?
>
> No, there is a docs/ directory for every branch (trunk, 2.4, 2.x,
> <unmaintained>...)
>
> The section says:
> "Assuming you already have
> [httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/docs/](
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/docs/)
> (or the equivalent from another branch) checked out from SVN, ..."
>
> So I would simply s/2.2/2.4/ to update the "recommended" version, but
> the possibility to use another branch is already mentioned.

​So better put 2.2/2.4? or just the 2.4 since 2.2 its not maintained? ​

> > It says there that you can get Java from SUN... I had added a link to the
> > Oracle page
> > http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html would
> > that be good?
>
> Maybe just s/SUN/Oracle/ would be enough, links die.

cool ​

> No idea for last point (perl failures)..
>
> Regards,
> Yann.

> ​Thank you for the feedback
Luis​