Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by tog <gu...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/19 08:32:19 UTC

newbie question

Is there in servicemix a look-up and mediation service. I am doing
distributed computing therefore
I may have servers proposing the same services. I would like to choose
between the services the one
matching some rules either based on SLAs or server capabilities/state (load
factor, mem, disk, ...)

Is this possible to do this based on ServiceMix ?

cheers
tog

Re: newbie question

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
ServiceMix can load balanced services using the jms flow and the
underlying ActiveMQ jms broker.  You can also implement a router which
would redirect the exchanges using your own policy, or configure a
policy to choose the endpoint if you use implicit endpoint selection
(addressing by service name or interface name).  This can be done on
the Broker [1] using the EndpointChooser interface [2].

[1] http://servicemix.org/maven/servicemix-core/apidocs/org/apache/servicemix/jbi/nmr/Broker.html
[2] http://servicemix.org/maven/servicemix-core/apidocs/org/apache/servicemix/jbi/resolver/EndpointChooser.html

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet