Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2005/12/01 21:29:36 UTC

Re: Can we remove the offline deployer? Please speak up now.

On 12/1/05, Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org> wrote:
> What impact will this have on distributing core server functions if I
> change something in the server based plans?

Ooh, good question.  I had not thought of that.  Hopefully David has
an answer.  :)

Otherwise, I'm fine with whacking the offline deployer.  IMHO it was
way too complicated for the value it offered.

Aaron

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
OK -- I'm definitely happy to take the offline options out of the
normal deployer.  Hopefully with config.xml, the number of situations
that cause users to need to redeploy core configurations is pretty
small.

Though, would it really be that hard to support version ranges?  In
terms of scale, it seems like it could be easier than rewriting the
offline deployment.

Aaron

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.