Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "MCCOLLOUGH,JEFFERY S (Non-HP-Roseville,ex1)" <je...@non.hp.com> on 2001/06/20 19:22:58 UTC

Struts 1.0 - IllegalArgumentException (form related)

   I just implemented the final release of Struts 1.0 (running on HP
Bluestone), and am having a consistent problem with pages that contain a
form.  The troubling thing is that all of these pages/forms worked
beautifully within the Struts 0.5 release.
   Without going into too much specific detail about my pages and forms, has
anyone been experiencing the following error?   If so, are there any obvious
steps I can take to correct it?  The exact same problem occurrs when
attempting to access the "struts-example" application included with the
release.  The index page is fine (no forms) but clicking a link that targets
a page with a form gives the below error.
   Any direction would be helpful!!

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot remove attribute from request
        at
SaApi.servlet.jsp.SaPageContext.removeAttribute(SaPageContext.java:496)
        at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doEndTag(FormTag.java:591)
        at mercury.logout_sjsp._jspService(logout_sjsp.java:881)
        at SaApi.servlet.jsp.SaJspServlet.service(SaJspServlet.java:133)
        at
SaApi.servlet.SaServletUtils.serviceRequest(SaServletUtils.java:2295)
        at
SaApi.servlet.SaServletUtils.processServletRequest(SaServletUtils.java:2607)
        at
SaApi.servlet.SaServletInvokerApp.SaProcessInputStream(SaServletInvokerApp.j
ava:365)
        at
SaApi.servlet.SaServletInvokerApp.handleClient(SaServletInvokerApp.java:178)
        at SaApi.SaApp.processRequest(SaApp.java:1335)
        at SaApi.SaSamUbsContext.processActivator(SaSamUbsContext.java:1676)
        at SaApi.SaSamUbsContext.queueActivator(SaSamUbsContext.java:1570)
        at SaApi.SaSamUbsContext.processActivator(SaSamUbsContext.java:1537)
        at SaApi.SaSamUbsContext.processRequest(SaSamUbsContext.java:2001)
        at SaApi.SaSamUbsContext.execute(SaSamUbsContext.java:2156)
        at SaApi.SaThreadPool$Worker.run(SaThreadPool.java:737)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)