Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Karl Koch <Th...@gmx.net> on 2005/02/15 14:05:53 UTC

Lucene on PersonalJava ?? HELP!

Hi,

did anybody here run Lucene 1.3 or 1.2 under PersonalJava (equivalent to JDK
1.1) ? I have a friend who runs Lucene 1.3 under PersonalJava and it works.
Mine doesn't. When conmparing the the code I cannot find any difference. I
search the index for a Query.

I get an error saying that the method java.io.File.createNewFile() is used
in Lucene. I have checked Java 1.1.8 and indeed this method does not exist.

Beside the question, how it can work on my friends system with the same
code, I am asking two more questions:

1) Did anybody here use Lucene on a PDA under Personal Java and can tell
some experience?

2) Is there anything else I should try or something I have forgotten?

Thanks for your help,
Karl

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail

Re: Lucene on PersonalJava ?? HELP!

Posted by Karl Koch <Th...@gmx.net>.
Hello,

thank you for the tip. I have solved the problem in a different way. If
anybody else want to run Lucene on PJava, he/she might go for the same.

I am using the cvm VM instead of the jeode VM. Then it works fine with
Lucene 1.2 withtout any change in my code or in the Lucene code. Perhaps
even with a newer version (but havn't tested yet). :-)

Thank you anyway,
Karl

Posted by Miles Barr <mi...@runtime-collective.com>.