Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Patrick Andries <pa...@videotron.ca> on 2002/01/08 23:51:32 UTC

Footer problem : region-body encroaching on region-after

This is my first message on the list and I do not know whether what
seems to me as a problem has already be reported.

If one duplicates a few blocks in docs/examples/corresp.fo so as to
generate an additional page, the last lines of the block on the new page
overwite the footer instead of being printed on a new page.

I'm relatively new to FOP (and FO) and may have thus made a foolish
error. Files (.FO, PDF,PS) are available.

Patrick Andries

Re: Footer problem : region-body encroaching on region-after

Posted by Doug Satchwell <Do...@morganstanley.com>.
I have noticed the same thing happening for tables encroaching onto footnotes
(the footnote disappears if any part of the table overlaps). However, in this
case both the footnote and the table are within the region-body, so adding a
margin doesn't help.
Any ideas??

Thanks,

Doug.

Posted by Patrick Andries <pa...@videotron.ca>.

Matt Burke wrote:

>This is because the region-after sticks up into the region-body by the
>amount specified in the extent property. See section 6.4.12 of the XSL
>spec for a couple diagrams and some description.

Yes, I realized this later. I foolishly misunderstood a comment in The
XSL Companion", where I read (p. 156) : «When some or all the other,
optional regions are also needed, they occupy space around the region
body (beyond that already created by the page margins)». Only later did
I see what was meant (p. 158) : « within the margins of the body, other
regions can be defined », I had naively assumed this would have been
automatic.

Thank you for your help.

Patrick Andries

Tout sur Unicode (3.1) en français
 http://hapax.iquebec.com

Re: Footer problem : region-body encroaching on region-after

Posted by Matt Burke <sp...@68k.org>.