Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Madhav Reddy <am...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/09 10:36:50 UTC

Software Caused Connection Abort

Hi All,

I am using Tomcat 4.0. I am using SMTP mail, threads and ofcourse with database connections. I am getting the following error.

System or internal error java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error

After this tomcat is unable to make connections or send mails. Can any body tell me what is the problem?

Details :

I need to send mails at 9 am, 12 noon, 2pm every day depending on data in the database.

For activating the data checking at these shceduled timings, I am using threads.

I am using SMTP host.

Database is informix.

Is it the problem with Tomcat or SMTP or Database?

If needed I can send sample code.

with best regrds

Reddy

Madhava Reddy, Software Engineer