Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Mike Duffy <md...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/03 01:03:34 UTC

Sorting Multiple DataTables

I have two DataTables on the same page, each backed by its own properties (value, sortColumn,
sortAscending) in the same backing bean.  Each table has its own unique id.  I am aslo saving the
state of all the properties using <t:saveState/> tag.

When I sort one table, the other table is also sorted.  It seems that the sort routine is not
respecting the table ids.

Can anyone offer any help or is this a genuine bug?  Has anyine gotten things to work with two
sortable tables on the same page?

Thx.

Table tag info is below:

<%/* ISSUES SINCE LAST LOGON TABLE */%>
    <t:saveState id="issuesSinceLastLogon" value="#{home.issuesSinceLastLogon}"/>
    <t:saveState id="sortColumnIssuesSinceLastLogon"
value="#{home.sortColumnIssuesSinceLastLogon}"/>
    <t:saveState id="sortAscendingIssuesSinceLastLogon"
value="#{home.sortAscendingIssuesSinceLastLogon}"/>
    <t:saveState id="sortPreferencesIssuesSinceLastLogon"
value="#{home.sortPreferencesIssuesSinceLastLogon}"/>

    <t:div rendered="#{home.hasIssuesSinceLastLogon}">

      <t:dataTable id="tableIssuesSinceLastLogon"
        styleClass="tableIssueData_B"
        headerClass="tableHeader"
        footerClass="tableFooter"
        rowClasses="tableRowOdd,tableRowEven"
        columnClasses="col_B, col_A, col_A, col_A, col_A, col_A, col_A, col_A, col_A"
        var="issueDisplayItem"
        value="#{home.issuesSinceLastLogon}"
        sortColumn="#{home.sortColumnIssuesSinceLastLogon}"
        sortAscending="#{home.sortAscendingIssuesSinceLastLogon}"
        preserveDataModel="false"
        preserveSort="true">

<%/* ISSUES BEING WATCHED TABLE */%>
    <t:saveState id="issuesBeingWatched" value="#{home.issuesBeingWatched}"/>
    <t:saveState id="sortColumnIssuesBeingWatched" value="#{home.sortColumnIssuesBeingWatched}"/>
    <t:saveState id="sortAscendingIssuesBeingWatched"
value="#{home.sortAscendingIssuesBeingWatched}"/>
    <t:saveState id="sortPreferencesIssuesBeingWatched"
value="#{home.sortPreferencesIssuesBeingWatched}"/>

    <t:div rendered="#{home.hasIssuesBeingWatched}">

      <t:dataTable  id="tableIssuesBeingWatched"
        styleClass="tableIssueData_B"
        headerClass="tableHeader"
        footerClass="tableFooter"
        rowClasses="tableRowOdd,tableRowEven"
        columnClasses="col_B, col_A, col_A, col_A, col_A, col_A, col_A, col_A, col_A"
        var="issueDisplayItem"
        value="#{home.issuesBeingWatched}"
        sortColumn="#{home.sortColumnIssuesBeingWatched}"
        sortAscending="#{home.sortAscendingIssuesBeingWatched}"
        preserveDataModel="false"
        preserveSort="true">

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com

Re: Sorting Multiple DataTables

Posted by Mike Duffy <md...@yahoo.com>.
Newbie error.  Bad object reference.  It works great!!!

BTW, <t:saveState/> very cool.

Mike

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs