Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by prasadkgvs <pr...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/26 10:35:50 UTC

Multi-Processing Module in TomEE

Hi All,

Does Multi-Processing Module <https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mpm.html>
available in Tomcat also available in TomEE? or Do we have similar feature
in TomEE?

In our web application we have native logic (built in C & C++) and it will
be called through Java. Yet times JVM used to crash due to errors in native
logic. So with TomEE if we run our web application with single process then
application availability is at risk. So I would like to know whether it is
possible to configure TomEE for multiple processes, like we configure for
Tomcat using MPM module.

Regards,
Prasad.

Re: Multi-Processing Module in TomEE

Posted by "Jonathan S. Fisher" <jo...@springventuregroup.com>.
Tomcat/TomEE runs a single Java process and does not fork. If you're
running it using OpenJDK or Oracle JVMs, it will use thread pools backed by
native threads to handle requests with the default setup.

But TomEE/Tomcat is very different than Apache Httpd. Tomcat/TomEE run Java
EE Applications typically packaged as .WAR or .EAR files. Httpd is a
general purpose web server. While there is some overlap (yes, you can serve
files up with Tomcat/TomEE very quickly), it's best to use them for their
particular task they were designed for. Modules for httpd are in no way
compatible for Tomcat/TomEE.

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 6:14 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> If tomcat supports it tomee does...but i fear you mix tomcat and httpd.
>
> You can start N tomee and use httpd to load balance them. Should solve your
> issue.
> Le 26 nov. 2015 10:51, "prasadkgvs" <pr...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Does Multi-Processing Module <https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mpm.html
> >
> > available in Tomcat also available in TomEE? or Do we have similar
> feature
> > in TomEE?
> >
> > In our web application we have native logic (built in C & C++) and it
> will
> > be called through Java. Yet times JVM used to crash due to errors in
> native
> > logic. So with TomEE if we run our web application with single process
> then
> > application availability is at risk. So I would like to know whether it
> is
> > possible to configure TomEE for multiple processes, like we configure for
> > Tomcat using MPM module.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Prasad.
> >

> > --

Email Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this
transmission is confidential, proprietary or privileged and may be subject
to protection under the law, including the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA). The message is intended for the sole use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, distribution or copying of the
message is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil
penalties. If you received this transmission in error, please contact the
sender immediately by replying to this email and delete the material from
any computer.

Re: Multi-Processing Module in TomEE

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.