Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leif Mortenson <le...@tanukisoftware.com> on 2002/11/07 05:22:01 UTC

altrmi registry package home?

I just did an update of the latest CVS code and tried it out with my
application. Everything builds
Ok, but I get the following class not found exception at run time.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/excalibur/altrmi/registry/Registry
at
org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.server.impl.socket.CompleteSocketCustomStreamServer.<init>(CompleteSocketCustomStreamServer.java:39)

Looking at the altrmi jars, it doesn't look like the new registry
package is being included in any of
the altrmi Jars yet? Did you have any plans for where it would live?

I modified the altmi build on my machine to add them to the common jar
as they appear to be
needed by both the client and server.

Cheers,
Leif

Re: altrmi registry package home?

Posted by Paul Hammant <pa...@yahoo.com>.
Leif,

> >>Also, you know we are considering a big rename that essentially drops
> >>the 'Atrmi' prefix from many interfaces and objects. If you agree it
> >>should be done, I cam make sure that the instrument is not negatively
> >>affected.
> >>
> Sure, I have no problem with that. :-)

:-)

> One request, as this would be a rework of the API. Could you go through
> and add Logging
> to, at least, the core classes. It would be nice to be able to enable
> debug logging to help
> track down user code problems while using the package. :-) Altrmi
> already has a dependency
> on framework, so it wouldn't require anything new there.

Good idea.  The dependency is the server side only though.

- Paul

Re: altrmi registry package home?

Posted by Leif Mortenson <le...@tanukisoftware.com>.
Paul Hammant wrote:

>Leif,
>
>Fixed. The registry package has its own jar. It is entirely optional for
>usage.

Thanks.

>>Also, you know we are considering a big rename that essentially drops
>>the 'Atrmi' prefix from many interfaces and objects. If you agree it
>>should be done, I cam make sure that the instrument is not negatively
>>affected.

Sure, I have no problem with that. :-)

One request, as this would be a rework of the API. Could you go through
and add Logging
to, at least, the core classes. It would be nice to be able to enable
debug logging to help
track down user code problems while using the package. :-) Altrmi
already has a dependency
on framework, so it wouldn't require anything new there.

Thanks,
Leif

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Leif,