Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by David Ahlschläger <dl...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/10 07:59:24 UTC

Lucene 1.9.1 - Newbie - How to determine what Hit

Hi

I am new to Lucene only been using it for 2 Days now.  I got the Lucene in
Action Book whitch got me on the road.

I am currently having troble trying to do the following:

1. I indexd my Files to the RAMDirectory, then close the Index  Writer.

2. Documnets have only 2 Fields. "filename" which is Field.Stored.YES and
Field.Index.Untokenized,
    and "contents" passed in with a FileReader and
Field.TermVector.WITH_POSITIONS_OFFSETS.
    The StandardAnalyzer is used.

3. I create a IndexSearcher using the RAMDirectory.

4. Then I create a Query using QueryParser.

5. Then I Execute the Query using the Searcher.

6. Now I would like to Process the Hits that are returned.

I can get the "filename" that was Hit.

My Problem is that I would like to know what words Hit and posible thier
location as well.

How do I go about finding out what hit and where?