Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Ramkrishna Kulkarni <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/09 08:25:23 UTC

Is replication across different releases safe?

Hello,

I would like to replicate documents between 1.0.2 and 1.2.0. Is this safe?
Is there a compatibility matrix I can refer?

Thanks,
Ram

Re: Is replication across different releases safe?

Posted by Jim Klo <ji...@sri.com>.
It works - I did this recently myself.

However filtered replication may fail for various reasons tho. I'd suggest replicate everything first, then do a local filtered replicate on 1.2.0, if you need to filter replicate.

- Jim

Sent from my iPad