Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by bang ke <ma...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2003/11/24 14:37:24 UTC

Slide Versioning Configuration Questions!

Hi, I was using Slide for document version control recent. But i found few docs about this. I have read the mailing archieve before and did my configuration steps below. But it took no effect. Could anyone figure out my fault? Thanks!

Environment:
slide 1.0.16 tomcat 4.1.27 JDK 1.4.1
Coniguration steps:
1.put the slide.war to my webapp folder
2.unpack the slide.war to folder slide.war and delete the war
3.
    1)add the parameters at the end of Domain.xml to
    <parameter name="historypath">/history</parameter>
    <parameter name="workspacepath">/workspace</parameter>
    <parameter namee="workingresourcepath">/workingresource</parameter>
    <parameter name="auto-version">checkout</parameter>
    <parameter name="auto-version-control">true</parameter>
    <parameter name="checkout-fork">forbidden</parameter>
    <parameter name="checkin-fork">forbidden</parameter>
    2)I added this to the end of my data section
    <objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode" uri="/history" >
            <permission action="/actions" subject="/users" />
     </objectnode>
     <objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode" uri="/workspace"/>
     <objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode"
uri="/workingresource"/>
    3)change the parameters in contentstore to true like below
      <contentstore classname="slidestore.reference.FileContentStore">
          <parameter name="rootpath">contentstore</parameter>
          <parameter name="version">true</parameter>
          <parameter name="resetBeforeStarting">false</parameter>
        </contentstore>

    Others no changed

4.After doing above I start the tomcat and found the output snippet below

24 Nov 2003 21:17:53 - org.apache.slide.common.Domain - INFO - Initializing Domain
24 Nov 2003 21:17:53 - org.apache.slide.common.Domain - INFO - Domain configuration : {org.apache.slide.security=true}   <====Here i found no {version=true} parse and no globle parameters init infos output
24 Nov 2003 21:17:53 - org.apache.slide.common.Domain - INFO - Initializing namespace : slide

5.Then I put files to the folder named files in server using MS webfolder but found none in history folder. I just expected there would have some revision files

6.Go on. I used the DAVExplore to test the server. When doing version-control DAVExplore reported an error and tomcat reported Exception:Bad Request <=== :-(

So these are all my experience. Are there any mistakes in my steps? Or anyone could tell me some documents about these.(I have read the DeltaV's docs but there arent any configurations about slide).
Thanks!

您的信箱真的远离垃圾了吗?