Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nigel Magnay <ni...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/07 17:34:03 UTC

Bug in property resolution?

Hi

I have a big reactor project. In one project, there is a property set as

<properties>
  <commons-version>2.2.1</commons-version>
</properties>

and in a later project, it is
<properties>
  <commons-version>2.2.4-SNAPSHOT</commons-version>
</properties>
..
<build>
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<groupId>commons</groupId>
				<artifactId>commons-maven</artifactId>
				<version>${commons-version}</version>
				<executions>

The differing versions are desired, and correct.

If I build the later project in isolation, commons-version =
2.2.4-SNAPSHOT. If I build it in the reactor, then
commons-version=2.2.1 (it seems)

bug? or intended?

Re: Bug in property resolution?

Posted by Nigel Magnay <ni...@gmail.com>.
Building a test project shows that actually the property resolution
seems fine (so is getting the right version), it's just not invoking
the plugin - instead I get

ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] 'mymojo' was specified in an execution, but not found in the plugin

Which is odd - the task is definitely there (I can see it in the
descriptor in the repository), and it works in isolation, just not
when invoked by the reactor..

Anyone got any good ideas?