Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Rick Tessner <ri...@dingle.myra.com> on 2001/03/31 02:32:05 UTC

FOP & non-Win platforms [Was: Does FOP support UNICODE? ]

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 19:24:10 -0400, Arved Sandstrom wrote:

>At 04:37 PM 3/30/01 +0800, Seshadri G.K. wrote:
>>Continuing in the same vein, what platform does FOP run on? Windoze apart
>>that is? How about Sun Solaris, or MAc? Has anyone ever tried building on
>>these platforms?
>
>Solaris it should work like a charm. I guess it never hurts to test, and I
>can do that at work when I get a chance. Still, if J2EE servers run on
>Solaris I don't think FOP will present a problem. :-)

I have FOP (latest CVS build, as of 2001/03/30) running under Solaris
2.6 and Solaris 8 (and RedHat Linux).  I use FOP exclusively through
the Cocoon2 servlet. (which also runs just wonderfully under Solaris 2.6/8
and RH Linux).

NOTE: I did have a problem with Solaris 7, but that seemed more an
      issue around java and multi-threading.  Upgrading to Solaris 8
      (or downgrading to Solaris 2.6) has resolved the issue.

--
Rick Tessner	rick@myra.com
MYRA Systems Corp. Fone: (250) 381 1335 x125  Phax: (250) 381 1304

"Hmmm.  They have the Internet on computers now!"