Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2022/03/09 12:52:59 UTC

Open Tasks with the code-generation

Hi all,

I'm currently going through the code-generation and there are still a few things that need to be implemented.
Even today we chipped away a number of tests, that were commented out in the test.mspec.

What I found to be left is:

  *   General

     *   manualArray only seems to support "terminated" right now, we need to support the other two (count and length) too.
     *   typeSwitch fields inside typeSwitch cases (multiply discriminated types
     *   support of time, date and dateTime in fields

  *   Java
  *   C

     *   manualArray support
     *   Enum types with "string" values
     *   Enum types with float properties
     *   Array fields of type "byte" seem to be causing problems

  *   Go

So, if anyone feels the urge to scratch one of these itches ... just raise your hands and say "here" ;-)

I would assume the "general -> typeSwitch in typeSwitch" to be the most complex one but also the one we would appreciate to be done most, as it allows writing a lot simpler protocol specs.

Chris