Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Yang, Gang CTR (US)" <ga...@mail.mil> on 2013/01/30 22:05:57 UTC

memberOf or like attribute?

Hi,

I read some discussion about memberOf attribute in some other websites. Some mentioned using ApacheDS, but could not get it to work. I tried it on the latest version and it does not seem to work. I'm wondering if memberOf or similar capability is supported by ApacheDS.

Thanks,

Gang

RE: Diguest-MD5 authentication

Posted by "Yang, Gang CTR (US)" <ga...@mail.mil>.
After some experiments based on the errors I was getting and tips I found from searching the Internet, here's a summary on using diguest-MD5 authentication with Apache DS so far:

On the ApacheDS server side: (using Apache Directory Studio for configuration)

- Define a host domain name in host file for ldap.example.com

- Use host domain name instead of 127.0.0.1 in ApacheDS configuration for SASL Host

- Make sure the Search Base DN parameter in SASL settings points to where the users entries are stored in DIT

- Store the user password in clear text. In order to acchieve this, some discussions from the mailing list suggested to disable the default passwordPolicies and passwordHashing interceptors

- Restart ApacheDS after chaning the configuration

On the client side: (using Apache Directory Studio)

- Use host domain name instead of 127.0.0.1 in connection configuration for Hostname under Network Parameters

- Use uid alone w/o "uid=" instead of full DN of the user for Bind DN or User under Authentication

- Make sure to select the right SASL realm, example.com in my case, in SASL Settings

Ater doing all these, I'm still getting the error:

LDAP: error code 49 - INVALID_CREDENTIALS: DIGEST-MD5: cannot acquire password for Gang.Yang in realm : example.com

Anyone who's knowledgeable in this area, please help. I'm using a newly downloaded latest ApacheDS and Apache Directory Studio (2.0.0-M10 and 2.0.0-M4).

Thanks in advance,

Gang

________________________________
I'm using the latest ApacheDS and Apache Directory Studio. I can bind using Simple authentication, but failed using Diguest-MD5 or Kerboros. I'm sure it's the configuration, but I could not find any section in the user's guide (basic or advanced) that tells me how. Any help and pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,

Gang

Diguest-MD5 authentication

Posted by "Yang, Gang CTR (US)" <ga...@mail.mil>.
Hi,

Re: return distinguishedName or dn?

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
yes, the attribute name is 'entryDn' this is supported since version
2.0.0-M9

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 9:43 PM, Yang, Gang CTR (US) <gang.yang.ctr@mail.mil

--
Kiran Ayyagari