Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org> on 2009/10/26 21:47:11 UTC

Thanks

I just wanted to offer a quick word of thanks to the Mina dev team -
I've been working on a little project that requires some lower-level
network programming for proxy/broker type of behavior.  I had no clue
as to what Mina was or how it could help me when I started my project
- but I came across Mina after some searching and thought I'd give it
a shot.

It took me just a couple of days to feel comfortable inside the API
once I got some fundamentals down .  I have to say that the API and
components are generally very well-designed and are a pleasure to work
with.  I know "thank yous" are hard to come by in Open Source, so I
just wanted to say Thank You for the work you've put in thus far and
specifically to Ashish for fielding my questions a few weeks ago.

So far so good - looking forward to 2.0 final!

Best,

Les

P.S.  My project requires web connectivity.  Now I get to have fun
digging in to AsyncWeb :)

Re: Thanks

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
> I just wanted to offer a quick word of thanks to the Mina dev team -
> I've been working on a little project that requires some lower-level
> network programming for proxy/broker type of behavior.  I had no clue
> as to what Mina was or how it could help me when I started my project
> - but I came across Mina after some searching and thought I'd give it
> a shot.
>
> It took me just a couple of days to feel comfortable inside the API
> once I got some fundamentals down .  I have to say that the API and
> components are generally very well-designed and are a pleasure to work
> with.  I know "thank yous" are hard to come by in Open Source, so I
> just wanted to say Thank You for the work you've put in thus far and
> specifically to Ashish for fielding my questions a few weeks ago.

Thanks :-)
Happy Users like you are a big motivating force for us :-)

Looking forward for your active participation in AsyncWeb

--
thanks
ashish