Posted to nmaven-dev@incubator.apache.org by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/12 21:30:30 UTC

Re: Deciding on IDE Project Layout

Unless there are any objections, I'm going to make the flat directory
structure layout the default layout. This will make it much easier for
current .NET developers to just drop in a pom into their existing projects
and have NMaven work.

Shane

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
+1

When I have to justify Maven's defaults I say it's consistency that
matters, not the actual choice of location. So it makes sense to start
out with a choice that works for most people.

The only downside is that it will be less familiar with Java Maven
users - but I don't think that's an overriding concern.

How do you specify this default though? Just what is in the Archetype,
or are there pieces of plugin configuration that will take these
paths? I would have assumed most was coded into the POM <build>
section which unfortunately takes the Java settings from the super POM
- perhaps those defaults really need to be mixed in by Maven based on
packaging type.

- Brett