Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Srinivasan Chikkala <Sr...@Sun.COM> on 2007/08/30 00:57:36 UTC

error getting maven-ant-plugin 2.0-SNAPSHOT

Any help on how to get the latest maven-ant-plugin (
maven-ant-plugin-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar) ?

I am trying to use the latest maven-ant-plugin, but when I execute "mvn
ant:ant" after setting the settings.xml entry

        <mirror>
            <id>repo1</id>
            <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</url>
            <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
        </mirror>
        <mirror>
            <id>snapshot.apache.org</id>
            <url>http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository</url>
            <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
        </mirror>

to locate maven-ant-plugin-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar  from
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-ant-plugin/2.0-SNAPSHOT/

which contains only maven-ant-plugin-2.0-20070414.154352-1.jar

I got the following exception.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'ant'.
[DEBUG] Loading plugin prefixes from group: open-esb
[DEBUG] Loading plugin prefixes from group: org.apache.maven.plugins
[DEBUG] Loading plugin prefixes from group: org.codehaus.mojo
[DEBUG] maven-compiler-plugin: resolved to version 2.0.2 from repository
central
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins::8
for project: null:maven-compiler-plugin:maven-p
lugin:2.0.2 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven:maven-parent::5 for
project: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins:pom:
8 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache:apache::3 for project:
org.apache.maven:maven-parent:pom:5 from the repository
.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins::1
for project: null:maven-surefire-plugin:maven-p
lugin:2.1.3 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.maven:maven-parent::1 for
project: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins:pom:
1 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache:apache::1 for project:
org.apache.maven:maven-parent:pom:1 from the repository
.
[DEBUG] maven-antrun-plugin: resolved to version 1.1 from repository central
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugin-parent::2.0.1 for project:
null:maven-antrun-plugin
:maven-plugin:1.1 from the repository.
[DEBUG] Adding managed dependencies for unknown:maven-antrun-plugin
[DEBUG]   org.apache.maven:maven-project:jar:2.0.1
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-container-default:jar:1.0-alpha-8
[DEBUG]   org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.0.5
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ant-plugin: checking for
updates from central
[DEBUG] maven-ant-plugin: resolved to version 2.0-SNAPSHOT from
repository central
[DEBUG] Skipping disabled repository central
[DEBUG] maven-ant-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] Skipping disabled repository central
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ant-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ant-plugin' from the repository: Failed
to resolve artifac
t, possibly due to a repository list that is not appropriately equipped
for this artifact's metadata.
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ant-plugin:pom:2.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
 for project org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ant-plugin

[INFO]
[DEBUG] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error resolving
version for 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ant-
plugin': Unable to read the metadata file for artifact
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ant-plugin:pom': Error getting PO
M for 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ant-plugin' from the repository:
Failed to resolve artifact, possibly due to a rep
ository list that is not appropriately equipped for this artifact's
metadata.
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ant-plugin:pom:2.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
 for project org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ant-plugin
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1266)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getMojoDescriptor(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1522)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.segmentTaskListByAggregationNeeds(DefaultLifecycleExecuto
r.java:386)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:138)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
        at
        at
        at
        at
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionResolutionException: Error
resolving version for 'org.apache.mav
en.plugins:maven-ant-plugin': Unable to read the metadata file for
artifact 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ant-plugin:p
om': Error getting POM for 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ant-plugin'
from the repository: Failed to resolve artifact,
possibly due to a repository list that is not appropriately equipped for
this artifact's metadata.
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ant-plugin:pom:2.0-SNAPSHOT

regards,

--
Srinivasan Chikkala
Open ESB Community (http://open-esb.org)

Re: error getting maven-ant-plugin 2.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Srinivasan Chikkala <Sr...@Sun.COM>.
thanks, it works that way. You need to specify everything to work.
Previously I did try using "mvn ant:2.0-beta-2-SNAPSHOT:ant"
(partial-artifact-id:version:goal)  thinking that it would determine the
groupId and artifactId somehow if they are missing or partially
specified from the command much like when you just do "mvn ant:ant" that
is getting the latest plugin in the central repo, but it did not work
and made me think there is no other way from command line.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that is exactly correct:

Posted by Srinivasan Chikkala <Sr...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.