Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Dominick Accattato <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/29 22:21:09 UTC

Setting up Eclipse workspace

Hello,

Thanks in advance for all the work going on around open social and the
Shindig server itself.  I am in the process of getting my workspace setup
according to the following document (
http://incubator.apache.org/shindig/developers/java/build.html#Setting_up_an_Eclipse_project_to_build_Apache_Shindig).
However, I don't believe I have the workspace setup correctly at the
moment.  I've created a 1min 40sec screencast of my setup and the issues I
believe I'm having.   I'll list them here so I'm clear on what I'm
experiencing:

   - after the "Enable Dependencies" step, the source folders are removed
   from the build path
   - there is no "Update Source Folders" in the maven menu
   - "Download Sources" provides errors and does not download the
   dependencies source.

I'll also note that I haven't worked extensively with maven so I'm not
completely sure if this is the intended behavior.  Is this how your
workspaces end up looking?  I've noticed that if I manually start adding the
source folders back in, they are still not dependency resolved which would
require me to go out, download the dependencies and manually add them to the
build path.

*System Configuration*
Eclipse Version: Eclipse Java EE (Gallileo)
Maven Plugin: Latest from update site

Re: Setting up Eclipse workspace

Posted by Dominick Accattato <da...@gmail.com>.
Here is a screenshot (http://208.106.236.105/shindig/build_errors.png) of
the build errors I receive when I add the source folders back into the build
path.  They still exist even after selecting "Update Dependencies" from the
maven context menu.

Posted by Dominick Accattato <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dominick Accattato <da...@gmail.com>.
ah, I'll check.  Thanks.