Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by stewarth <st...@clarity.com> on 2008/03/27 09:49:26 UTC

ActiveMQ 5.0 Stops accepting connections and processing messages

Hi,

We are using ActiveMQ 5.0.0 in production with up to 30 clients concurrently
connected. The bus is processing in the order of hundreds of thousands of
messages per day and after a number days (which is not consistent) the bus
stops accepting connections and the clients that are already connected stop
publishing and receiving messages, no exceptions are received in the client
applications and we cannot be certain there are any related exceptions in
the activemq.log. There are some EOFExceptions in the log but this does not
cause problems with the bus everytime we receive this exception.

The inactivity monitor is turned off in the activeMQ configuration.

Can anyone suggest what might be happening.

Thanks and Regards,
Stewart

Re: ActiveMQ 5.0 Stops accepting connections and processing messages

Posted by Daryl Richter <ng...@comcast.net>.
Hiram-

On Mar 31, 2008, at 6:11 PM, Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY) wrote:
> <quote author=Hiram>
> There were several bugs related to this that have been fixed in trunk
> since the the 5.0.0 release.  Please try out a fresh trunk build or
> wait for the next patch release.  I'm hoping we do this soon since a
> ton of bugs have be	en fixed with it.
> </quote>
>
> Hiram you are talking about the latest SNAPSHOT release (5.1). of
> if you
> are refereeing to another location please us know.
>
> Thanks!

Ah, but as both Bruce Snyder (a committer, I believe) and I have
documented, you can't build the current trunk.  I first posted this 4
days ago, though it has been this way for a while.

Doesn't this seem to be a problem to others here too?  If not, maybe
drop your m2 repository and try a clean build.  I think you will see.

--
Daryl
http://itsallsemantics.com

"I see this as coming down to mutual respect. I want to respect the
others I communicate with enough to tell them my truth without
reservation and I want to respect them enough to listen to their
truth. I want to respect their good intentions enough to believe that
we can work past our disagreements."

     -- Kent Beck, 2006

RE: ActiveMQ 5.0 Stops accepting connections and processing messages

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 4:49 AM, stewarth <st...@clarity.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  We are using ActiveMQ 5.0.0 in production with up to 30 clients concurrently
>  connected. The bus is processing in the order of hundreds of thousands of
>  messages per day and after a number days (which is not consistent) the bus
>  stops accepting connections and the clients that are already connected stop
>  publishing and receiving messages, no exceptions are received in the client
>  applications and we cannot be certain there are any related exceptions in
>  the activemq.log. There are some EOFExceptions in the log but this does not
>  cause problems with the bus everytime we receive this exception.
>
>  The inactivity monitor is turned off in the activeMQ configuration.
>
>  Can anyone suggest what might be happening.
>
>  Thanks and Regards,
>  Stewart
>

>  --

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://open.iona.com

Re: ActiveMQ 5.0 Stops accepting connections and processing messages

Posted by vik Dhawan <vi...@lexisnexis.com>.
I am having the similar issue with 5.0 and, haven't received any guidance
from AMQ folks.

in My case its even bad, i have some Open wire clients and some STOMP
clients. Running under decent load (lot of message communication between the
components). AMQ stops dropping messages left and right.

stewarth wrote:

> The inactivity monitor is turned off in the activeMQ configuration.

What is this inactivity Monitor does and how to configure it.

Thanks!