Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kristian Rink <kr...@zimmer428.net> on 2006/09/22 09:15:11 UTC

tomcat + axis service:

Folks;

I am running an (axis-based) SOAP web service inside a tomcat 5.5
environment to link two subsidiaries of our company. This service is
supposed to recieve messages including very large (> 100 MB) MIME
attachments. So far, recieving and decoding messages (small sizes, or
locally) works well, but external tests using the remote sender client
and bigger attachments always ends up like that:

[...]
AxisFault
 faultCode:
faultSubcode: faultString: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed
out faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out at
java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method) at
java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129) at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:21
[...]

This is bad. So, short question, given that modifying the calling
client is not possible to me: Where to tweak my setup to get rid of
that error? Is that an issue related to the tomcat setup or to axis?
Currently I am playing around with axis MessageContext.setTimeout(),
but documentation on that is rather limited - is this what I am looking
for?

TIA for any hints and bye,
Kris

--
Kristian Rink *  http://zimmer428.net * jab: kawazu@jabber.ccc.de
icq: 48874445 *  fon: ++49 176 2447 2771

Re: tomcat + axis service:

Posted by Kristian Rink <kr...@zimmer428.net>.
Mark, list;

...at first, thanks a lot for your hint. :)

Am Fri, 22 Sep 2006 07:23:29 -0400
schrieb Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:

> > attachments. So far, recieving and decoding messages (small sizes,
> > or locally) works well, but external tests using the remote sender
> > client and bigger attachments always ends up like that:
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/http.html
>
> Try maxPostSize = -1 and disableUploadTimeout = true

Actually, I thought about right the same while reading your reply to an
earlier post on that list today. I'll give it a try and see what
happens - meanwhile, thanks for your help! :)

Cheers & best,
Kristian

Re: tomcat + axis service:

Posted by Kristian Rink <kr...@zimmer428.net>.
Hi again, Mark et al;

Am Fri, 22 Sep 2006 07:23:29 -0400
schrieb Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:

> > attachments. So far, recieving and decoding messages (small sizes,
> > or locally) works well, but external tests using the remote sender
> > client and bigger attachments always ends up like that:
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/http.html
>
> Try maxPostSize = -1 and disableUploadTimeout = true

Tried it, but it doesn't change anything to the better. Still
SocketTimeoutException when the attachment size comes somewhere close
to 100MB. :/ Is there anything else I can do to hunt this one down?
Could this be a platform-specific issue (in that very case, the tomcat
runs atop Windows 2000)?

TIA and bye everyone
Kris

Re: tomcat + axis service: