Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by c b <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/28 10:44:53 UTC

WSDL2Java in AXIS2_1.1

Hi,

I have just moved from Axis 1.4 to Axis2.
In the WSDL2Java tool, we used to have an "-i" option in Axis 1.4, which allowed you to set the
implementation class. This stopped the WSDL2Java toll from generating a blank impl class.
This -i option is no longer present in Axis2.

I can just drop the -ss option and generate the client side code and solve this issue.
But If no -ss is provided then we dont get any service.xml, which is required for aar deployment.

My scenario involvs exposing existing java classes and their api as a web service.
So having a skeleton and adding some more redundant code does not make sense.

More specifically what is needed is given a name of java class, expose all the public methods
as web service in an automated fashion. i.e. the whole deployment process should happen as
a part of a utility, with no manual steps.

Any ideas,directions would help a lot.

Thanks in advance,
Chinmay.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: WSDL2Java in AXIS2_1.1

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
If you want to expose existing Java classes as a web service then it might
be better to use the Java2WSDL tool...

Thanks,
Keith.