Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/05 05:13:04 UTC

Tomcat-connectors-1.1-M1

I did the JTC_1_1_M1 tag and build for tomcat-connectors-1.1M1.
The main purpose is to be able to use the same connector across all tomcat
versions - that was one of the goals of tomcat-connectors.
The code is identical with the one in tomcat5.0.2 - except the build
procedure and packaging.

I tried it against tomcat-3.3.1a, tomcat4.0.6, tomcat4.1.18 and tomcat4.1.24
- all seem to work fine. Also included in doc/ are basic instructions for
setting it up in each of those versions. Tomcat5.0.2 includes it by default,
so no special instructions are needed.

>From my point of view, any bug against the connector in any tomcat version
should be fixed by upgrading the connector to the latest common version.
Dealing with 4 branches is too expensive - and the connector code is
desingned to be common.

Please test and let me know if there are any problems. We should have
another standalone release at the same time with 5.0.3 that will pick
any fix.

I uploaded the builds at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/release/v1.1M1
( I don't think it should go to www.apache.org/dist since it's just a