Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org> on 2013/06/05 15:43:33 UTC

networkACLList

Isn't it redundant to call the API create/list/delete (NetworkACLList)

That expands to create/list/delete-NetworkAccessControlListList?

Should that be a Group/Container instead?

Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: networkACLList

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
ACL Group, ACL container, ACL collection sounds a lot better than ACL
List. "Access Control List List" just reads odd. Feel free to ignore
my nitpick though :)

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

RE: networkACLList

Posted by Kishan Kavala <Ki...@citrix.com>.

Re: networkACLList

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

RE: networkACLList

Posted by Kishan Kavala <Ki...@citrix.com>.
Agree that it is redundant. They should be create/list/delete NetworkACL. But these API names are already used for rules (ACL items) within the ACL List.
This cannot be fixed without breaking backward compatibility.
 Sounds more logical and easy to differentiate  from an end user perspective as we are actually creating a container/group of acl rules there.

RE: networkACLList

Posted by Pranav Saxena <pr...@citrix.com>.
+1  to this .