Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ro...@elastica.com on 2005/05/06 23:12:25 UTC

Re: Catching Windows executables as attachments

As I'm on a mac there's a lot of file types I don't care about so I just have
perl scripts that go thru the mail using MIME::Entity etc and remove them.

I based my code of some code Randall Schwartz wrote once to remove the annoying
WINMAIL.DAT attachments etc.

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
Rob, I use procmail here and use a procmail recipe to tag the EXE
such files. It's easier there than in SpamAssassin. I use the
"nkvir" scripts to some good effect.

(Of course, Earthlink recently got "angry" with all the Sober nonsense
and turned on everybody's SpamBlocker. My first reaction was annoyance.
Then I decided to let it keep filtering them and simply take the
results and mark THAT as spam. (One very easy test.) I still get my
running statistics; and, I get another serious level of protection. I
wish all ISPs would do something like this on general principles.)

{^_^}