Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Carlos <li...@lpis.com> on 2000/11/22 15:02:08 UTC

hello and database connection

Hello this is my first message to this list.
My name is Carlos.
Excuse me if my english is bad but i dont speak english

How is the form to make from my tomcat a connection pool to a database.
My database is in another pc with win and sql server (microsoft) ant my
tomcat is in linux.
Anybody can say me how to make a connection pool to this database?
thanks
Carlos

Re: hello and database connection

Posted by John Ellis <jd...@home.com>.
Carlos,

Try
http://www.codestudio.com
They have a product called PoolMan which you use with your regular SQL
Server driver to help manage pools.

For an MS SQL driver, take a look at the sun driver database:
http://industry.java.sun.com/products/jdbc/drivers

With poolman, you will not need a driver with connection pooling support.

Hope that helps,

John