Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <rm...@shaw.ca> on 2004/03/10 23:47:15 UTC

[users@httpd] virtual servers

Hello all i have apache2 running on a Freebsd 4.9 server and need to set
up virtual hosting.  Have the Following lines in my http.conf file

<VirtualHost *:80>
       ServerAdmin rmvg@computerking.ca
       DocumentRoot /usr/home/computerking/www
       ServerName computerking.ca
       ErrorLog /var/log/apache/computerking.ca-error_log
       CustomLog /var/log/apache/computerking.ca-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

       ServerName www.computerking.ca
       ErrorLog /var/log/apache/computerking.ca-error_log
       CustomLog /var/log/apache/computerking.ca-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
       ServerAdmin rmvg@computerking.ca
       DocumentRoot /usr/home/v2/www
       ServerName v2.computerking.ca
       ErrorLog /var/log/apache/v2.computerking.ca-error_log
       CustomLog /var/log/apache/v2.computerking.ca-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

This is my dns entry to match the above settings

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; ADDRESSES FOR THE CANOCICAL NAMES ( A records)
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                IN A            68.146.233.221
v22             IN A            68.146.233.221
ns1             IN A            68.146.233.221
mail1           IN A            68.146.233.221

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; ALIASES
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www                     IN CNAME        v22
v2                      IN CNAME        v22
sculpturaldesign        IN CNAME        v22

;==============================================================================
;end of file

What puzzles me is why the v2.computerking.ca works as a virtual server
but the sculpturaldesign.ca does not work.  Well it sortof works it just
takes me to the computerking.ca page must have something to do with the
fact that v2.computerking.ca and computerking.ca are in the same domian
sculpturaldesign.ca is not. However i have the sculpturaldesign.ca
domain pointed to computerking.ca like this.

Domian forwarding
http://sculpturaldesign.computerking.ca

Can someone please assist me