Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by John Burwell <jb...@basho.com> on 2013/06/28 17:57:55 UTC

object_store Merge

All,

We had a procedural snafu earlier this week when the object_store branch was merged without me removing my -1.  Animesh, Edision, Min, and myself discussed this issue Wednesday afternoon, and it was an honest misunderstanding of the rules.  Edison pushed a review request to the list that I didn't see.  Since I didn't respond within in 72 hours, he thought lazy consensus applied and performed the merge.  For this merge, we will leave it in master assuming that no significant issues will be found when I will review the patch next week.  If I do find a reason not remove the -1, we will burn that bridge when we come it.

To be clear, once a -1 is lodged against a branch, it can not be merged until that -1 is removed.  As we have discussed on other threads, those placing a -1 on a merge should work with all due haste to resolve their issues with the merge requester.  I apologize to Edison for failing to see the request.

Thanks,
-John

Re: object_store Merge

Posted by John Burwell <jb...@basho.com>.
All,

One quick amendment to the compromise we worked out on Wednesday.  Edison and Min will resolve any issues discovered in my review, and if necessary, push another patch through Review Board for a third round review.

Thanks,
-John