Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Mike L." <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2011/04/30 00:06:26 UTC

Possible Memory Leak when JMX agent enabled

All:

Our production servers are experiencing a fairly severe memory leak - it takes about 12 days to get the dreaded OutOfMemoryExceptions.
We use linux (CentOS 5.x)
Sun 1.6.0_22 JDK
Camel 2.4.0
ActiveMQ 5.3.1
JBoss 4.2.1.GA (I know! It's old.)

I've attached two screenprints from the Eclipse Memory Analyzer Tool (MAT).
The first, ShortestPath, shows at the bottom the DefaultManagementAgent as part of the problem; while at the top you'll see
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.ConcurrentReaderHashMap$Entry.
I'm not sure which is the "real" culprit.

Something else: when I go to the JMX console in JBoss I do not see anything at all related to Camel. No endpoints, nothing!

So, naturally I disabled JMX in Camel and the problem appears to have gone away.

Before I disabled JMX in Camel (the default/example configurations have this enabled by default) I did nothing with respect to:

-Dorg.apache.camel.jmx.usePlatformMBeanServer=True

Or, by adding a jmxAgent element inside the camelContext element in Spring configuration:

<camelContext id="camel" xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">
  <jmxAgent id="agent" usePlatformMBeanServer="true"/>
</camelContext>

However, since this is true by default, I'm confused as to why nothing Camel related was showing up in the JMX console.

Any thoughts, comments, advice would be welcome.

TIA,

Mike L. (aka patzerbud)

RE: Possible Memory Leak when JMX agent enabled

Posted by "Mike L." <pa...@hotmail.com>.
DOH!  I meant to post this to the Camel forum. Sorry.

To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Possible Memory Leak when JMX agent enabled