Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Christopher Ball <ch...@metaheuristica.com> on 2010/01/29 05:29:11 UTC

Querying for multi-term phrases only . . .

I am curious how I can query for multi-term phrases using the
TermsComponent?

The field I am searching has been shingled so it contains 2 and 3 word
phrases.

For example in the sample results below I want to only get back multi-word
phrases such as "table of contents" and "under the" but not the single word
terms such as "year" and "significant"

<int name="table of contents">25302</int>

<int name="including">25162</int>

<int name="year">25097</int>

<int name="significant">17501</int>

<int name="under the">17359</int>

Appreciate any ideas,

Christopher

Re: Querying for multi-term phrases only . . .

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
You can avoid one word terms by setting outputUnigrams="false" on the
ShingleFilterFactory configuration.

	Erik